September 4, 2012

Glory food

Although, many of us may argue container food is not healthy, it is sometimes convenient.  Glory Foods contain Southern Style flavoured food.
I liked the delicious sauces they have and enjoyed it very much with the salmon buns I made.  They have a variety of pre-cut vegetables, fruits and cornbread/ corn muffin mixes.

Sweet potato and fried apple containers have recipes printed on the can, which is useful to make casserole and cobbler.  Allergens and low sodium products are printed clearly.  We can either heat the prepared container vegetables on the stove or microwave before serving.  Containers of tomatoes, okra and corn will come in handy when it is off-season.

I didn't try products that contained pork or its derivatives i.e. red beans and rice, cream style skillet corn, collard greens and black eye peas.
I would prefer if there are no additives or it's kept to minimum so it would be natural as possible.  However since the vegetables are in containers it is probably necessary to add preservative for longer shelf life.

I made these corn muffins following the instructions on the packet.  I added an egg and 1/2 cup of milk to make a slightly lumpy batter then baked the muffins on 400F for 15 to 20 minutes until it was golden brown.  With one packet I was able to make 6 muffins.
For some of the muffins I added some cheese and jalapeƱo.    

All rights reserved on photographs and written content Createwithmom © 2012. Please Ask First

5 comments:

  1. never heard of them before - the muffins look good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! My kids would live those corn muffins. Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. I always have some "convenient" food around. Glory seems like a great product.

    Besos, Sarah
    Zookeeper at Journeys of The Zoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love corn bread, so I know that we would enjoy that corn muffin mix. I've tried to make corn bread and never really had good luck, so I would love to give this a try:)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)