November 6, 2012

Making a Personalized Treasure Box

Decoupage is the hottest trend in the crafting world.  Mod Podge is an all-in-one glue, sealer and finish that we can use to do lots of decorations and craft projects with a little bit of paper and cloth.  The possibilities are only limited by our imagination!  
I am new to Mod Podge and decoupage tools, so I excitedly did many projects using Mod Podge with my children.  We will be sharing our projects one at a time, so stay tuned :)  Here is a link to the Mod Podge Formula guide, which I found useful because it has tips and tricks for the beginners :)
For this Personalized box, we needed...
a shoebox
Mod Podge
Mod Podge with glitter *
foam brush
cloth
iron optional
scissors
paper to line the working surface
*Mod Podge can be found at craft stores like Michaels, and it is available in the 6-pot sampler pack or 8 oz bottles.
First iron and cut the cloth to the fit and cover the shoebox.  Apply Mod Podge generously on the shoe box and glue the cloth.  Put Mod Podge in a small section and cover with the cloth before doing another section because Mod Podge dries fast.  
After the cloth glued on the shoebox dries completely, apply a coat of Mod Podge glitter and let it dry completely before using.  This would make a lovely Personalized gift.  I gave this box to my daughter to keep her treasures.
All rights reserved on photographs and written content Createwithmom © 2012. Please Ask First

6 comments:

  1. I love this craft, what a great idea! I have worked with Mod Podge in the past and have never been disappointed, it always delivers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a cute idea! I will have to try it with the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute box. My mom used to do decoupage.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love mod podge. It is fun to play with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't used mod podge for years... but I know I loved working with it. I think I'll have to get some for my creative teens...they will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,

    What a cute project! I love it so much that I decided to feature it in our roundup of DIY gift boxes! Check it out here: http://www.favecraftsblog.com/diy-gift-boxes/

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting :)